Verizon is currently looking for talented leaders who have aspiration to grow with a great company and build a strong career for themselves. Territory Managers that can develop a team, while building a strong reputation in the community. As a Territory Manager you are primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding the overall sales and profitability metrics for Stores and Territory. In addition, this position is responsible for all employee-related issues including terminating, disciplining, in-store coaching, training and corporate policy compliance.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Structure plus a base salary
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Health Benefits
- Signing Bonus
- Paid Vacation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must send every new full time or part time employee through the New Hire Training program within their first two weeks of employment unless there is a special circumstance
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly training to all Sales Leads and Sales Consultants through effective individual/group training and effective/timely communication
- Ensure that self and store teams are current on all trainings
- Observe employee/customer sales interactions daily and provide on the spot feedback to ensure store employees are following the “Rockstar” Selling Process.
- Engage in weekly one on one coaching sessions and quarterly rounding meetings with Sales Associates and Sales Leads, provide positive and constructive feedback and documentation
- Document positive performances or behavior when necessary (oral or written)
- Document negative performances or behavior when necessary (oral or written)
- Utilize Performance Improvement Plans (30-60-90 day) to help coach people to better performance or as a tool to justify termination
- Lead the sales team by example and increase overall profitability
- Manage Sales Leaders and Sales Associates to meet and exceed company set goals/metrics within the scorecard
- Ensure store personnel are following set policy and procedures in the store
- Ensure store employees are providing excellent customer service along with providing excellent salesmanship
- Hold weekly/bi-weekly Store Meetings
- Ensure that stores maintain store operating hours and that schedules are written in accordance to hours and business traffic.
- Approve all schedules once written by the Store Sales Lead, submit all forms and punch edits as needed
- Responsible for all daily reporting, store numbers, daily invoices, SMB leads and appointment tracking
- Provide weekly closeout results for the Territory Sales Manager
- No office day – Typically off on Wednesday and Sunday
- Work shifts in the Stores within the Territory to provide side by side selling experiences, coaching and training
- Will be responsible to punch in and out daily
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to train and manage other employees.
- Must have high level of interpersonal and customer skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output.
- Must have expert knowledge of all products and services
- Direct supervision of Store Managers
- 4-yr bachelor’s Degree preferred or 4 years of wireless experience. One (1) year of relevant field experience may be substituted for every one (1) year of preferred academia
- 2 years experienced in supervising, managing and training of employees
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision
- Positive mental attitude
- Creative thinker
- Team player
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must work a minimum 5-day work week to include Fridays and Saturdays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.